IGCSE & IBDP Results
YCIS Shanghai students are known for their excellence in academics, including examination results and overall scholastic achievement. A rigorous academic programme, paired with a holistic approach to education is the reason why YCIS Shanghai graduates continue to be accepted at top-ranked universities around the world.
Recognition and Awards
- In 2012, YCIS became the first and only international school in Asia to receive the Cambridge Award for Excellence in Education.
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) – 2021 Results:
- The average combined IBDP score of the YCIS Shanghai Class of 2021 was 38 out of a maximum 45, which was five points higher than the worldwide average of 33.02.
- Three students scored full marks (45/45).
- The diploma pass rate was 100%.
- The overall percentage of diploma students who achieved a score of 40 or higher was 46%.
- 44% of graduates received offers from the world’s top 30 universities (according to the Times Higher Education 2021 ranking)
Excellent University Acceptances
YCIS Shanghai students have continuously received offers from leading universities around the world, including:
- Stanford University
- University of California, Berkeley
- The University of Chicago
- Johns Hopkins University
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- Imperial College London
- University College London (UCL)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- Tsinghua University
- Peking University
- National University of Singapore
- The University of Tokyo
- University of Hong Kong
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- McGill University
- McMaster University
- University of Melbourne
- University of Sydney
- Berklee College of Music
- Parsons, The New School for Design
- École hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL)
- Royal Veterinary College
International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) – 2018 Results:
- Top in World for Foreign Language Mandarin – Minseong
- Top in China for Foreign Language Spanish – Beatriz
- Top in China for Co-ordinated Sciences (Double Award) – Ji Woo
- First Place – Best Across Eight IGCSE Qualifications – Ji Woo
- Top in China for Global Perspectives – Shu Min
- Top in China for Physical Education – Shu Min
International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) – 2017 Results:
- Top in World for Foreign Language Mandarin – Hannah
- Top in China for World Literature - Oliver
- Top in China for Design and Technology – So Yun